With autumn leaving behind dreggs of floral prints and sunglasses, many of us are mourning our summer dresses and starting to wear those denim jeams a little too much, but transforming from summer may not be as hard as you think. But ‘how could I stay chic AND warm?’ I may hear you ask…my answer to you: The circle skirt. Wardrobe essential for AW12, a piece that is perfect for the classic look, the vintage look, the cutesy look; daywear, nightwear, workwear, these skirts can be woven into the key piece of any outfit or occasion.
1) Go for a black skirt if you know it’ll be that piece you love and never want to take off; you can wear with simple black wedges and a dark printed top for that gothis, dark and elusive element, or go with a bold, bright, block colour shirt and bag to boast confidence despite the gloomy weather.
2) A wine coloured crotchet skirt matched with a denim button up and cute wedges creates the foundation of the perfect vintage look, match with a vintage black bowler or summer hat, oversized gold earrings with an under-collar necklace to channel the past while capturing contemporary glamour.
3) The dip-dye denim skirt from Nasty Gal strikes a bold edge, perfect with a black crop-top and thick gold chain with creepers for that modern-edgy feel, and then just switch to a pair of chunky heels (Jefferey Campbell Lita’s anyone?) to tranform from perfect daywear to the life of the party stunner.
4) Channel Chanel with this nude skirt, on sale in Matalan at just £8 – throw over a grey jumper and tuck in the front, some mid-height brogue heels in a dark grey and complete with simple black bangles and a low hanging bold necklace piece to look classic chic wherever you go.
5) Topshop’s ode to summer, yet perfectly wearable this autumn – darker floral print tranferring a typical sunshine piece into a slight ray into the gloomy cloud ridden weather we’re unfortunate enough to suffer; and for the brave clash with the Topshop daisy blousen for a bold print style.
6) Taking a simple black wedge and snazzing them up with a quilted look heel and small studs to give that edge to a cute shoe, perfect with almost any circle skirt, above and existant.
7) Oversized daisy shirt, throw on and tuck in the front, simple as that.
Do you love the circle skirts as much as we do? Will you be keeping these key in your autumn wardrobe? Or do you have a better idea of bringing summer forwards? Leave us your thoughts in the comments below!